Have you ever tried sangria with an herbal blend? Sangria has become so popular that everyone tends to have their own rendition of it, but two elements remain—typically red wine and fruits. This unique libation uses white wine, a dose of my favorite fruits and Art of Tea’s caffeine-free blend, Kauai Cocktail. Kauai Cocktail is a tropical tisane that contains organic hibiscus, currants, rooibos, pineapple, rosehips and natural fruit essence. This sweet and tarty blend will perfectly compliment the wine and fruits in the sangria. Toast to the new year with this delicious cocktail! Recipe makes about 50 oz.
You Will Need:
· 4 1/2 Cups of Art of Tea’s Kauai Cocktail, Over-steeped (10-12 minutes)
· 2 Cups of Chilled White Wine: Moscato, Riesling, Pinot Grigio or your favorite sweet white wine
I used Trader Joe’s Moscato D’Asti ($5.99)
· Assortment of fruits: blueberries, strawberries, pineapples, apples, oranges, lemons
· Pitcher such as Art of Tea’s Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher (50 oz.)
· 2 Tsp of Coconut Sugar (Optional)
Large Wooden Mixing Spoon
First, make sure you wash your fruit thoroughly, especially if you’re leaving the peel on, which I did. Dice or slice the fruit you wish to include. De-core and remove all the seeds. I used lemon and orange slices, blueberries and chopped up apples. Then, add ice cubes a quarter of the way into the pitcher. Add in your fruit. Next, carefully pour in your over-steeped Kauai Cocktail and chilled white wine. Sprinkle in the coconut sugar or preferred sweetener if you like. Use a large wooden spoon to marry all the ingredients. Refrigerate the pitcher and let the ingredients marinate. Sangria is best served cold. Enjoy, and let the merriment begin! Cheers to a jovial and prosperous 2012!